Monday, August 08, 2005

Updates

Friday:
On Friday, after work I hopped on the bike and zipped around Mercer Island, 1hr 45 ride. On getting back I put in around another hour on the rollers riding to a Metallica DVD.

Saturday,
It was out to the State Team Time Trial course for a practice/reconnaissance session. Jay, Ben, and I road the 30+ mile course, we road out at a base tempo and then turned around and zipped back at TT speed. I think in the process we learned quite a bit, both about the course, and how we could most quickly negotiate the course. Why are all TT’s on bad chip seal? Between the chip seal and the headwinds, and tempo, the course felt more then challenging. I really hope we can do well as a team next Sunday.

We continued on after riding the TT course climbing up by the unfinished nuclear cooling towers just outside the course. Very cool. All and all the milage today was small but the intensity was high and some how my legs were toast by the afternoon.

Sunday,
The plan was to do some big miles, but for a number of reasons I didn’t get out the door till after 2:40. Still, I figured I had time to ride down to Enumclaw and back. But on reaching Leshi, I realized I’d forgotten my bicycle pump. An hour later, I was back in Leshi, this time with my bicycle pump. I continued on down south, on reaching maple valley instead of continuing on down to Enumclaw, I turned and road back north around the north end of the lake. I did flat once, which made me quite glad I’d gone and retrieved my pump. I returned home to a message on my machine that a buddy was having a burger barbeque. Back on the bike and too and from Kyle’s gave me a respectable mileage for the day of 120 miles.

Events:

1 Week till the State Team Time Trial
2 Week's till NWTTS
3 Then its time for RING OF FIRE, I hope I have decent fitness for this event.

It's Tartan Time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home