Thursday, July 28, 2005

Updates...

I just wanted to post a quick update. First off yes, Ben and I are still working on the fireweed race report. These things take a while to get out the door. But in more recent news.

This last weekend Team Tartan took a quick trip down to Southern Washington, to race in the 4th NWTTS individual time trial. Both of us hammered till it hurt. Ben, hit the road 30 seconds up from me, and it took me 6 or 7 minutes to make up the difference and see the grimace of pain on his face. From that point, the road kicked up, and the climbing started. The course climbed up, for about a mile or two, before rollercoastering down to the turn around. Then it was out up and back. I was a little to conservative on the descents and some how never quite felt like I was in a TT groove always recovering from the climbs etc. I ended up finishing the 40 k, in 1 hr 8min, 0 seconds, snagging a very solid 2nd place for the 4’s. Ben rolled in just a little later for a very solid 5th. Not bad for a new hilly course. After the TT, Ben and I kicked it around on the course again, for a post race, race preview.

Sunday, the aurora cat 4 team time trial team got together to kick it around the southend of the lake Washington to practice our mad team time trial skills. We focused more on trying to ride a smooth line instead of worrying about all out speed. Over the 2 -3 hr I think the team made huge improvements.

Last night, I kicked it on the rollers for ~2hrs 40 min..

Upcoming race schedule: Team Time Trial 14 August,
Final NWTTS Time Trial 20th August
Ring of Fire, September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home