Monday, August 01, 2005

Weekend Update:

For Seattle, the weather this weekend was hot, in the high 80’s. With no rain, and no major events what’s a roadie to do? Lots of core fitness & base miles. On friday, Rhae had emailed Ben and I saying she was going to do a 6hr ride, and wanted to know if we’d like to tag along. Do beavers smack their tails?, Hell yes we’d tag along.

The plan was to leave Leshi, at 9:30, but we were a little late as I was ~1/2 hr late getting out my apartment door. Half an hour later I was in Leshi, then it was another 6hrs on the road, with a half hour back, making it a fairly good 7 hr day. Where can you go in 7 hrs? Nearly anywhere you want, in our case the route was north from Leshi, up around the north end then out to the falls, back from the falls, down around the south end and back to Leshi. All and all it worked out to a good century+.

Sunday, I was on my own as Rhae had to run, and Ben had to work. I couldn’t quite make up my mind where exactly I wanted to go. I ended up heading out to maple valley and then looping around the north end of the lake. After getting back, I stopped off at the Ballard farmers market, picked up some flowers for my grandmother, who will be celebrating her 90th birthday soon and dropped them off with her, rolling in with another century. Then it was in for a quick shower, and off to the Ballard neighborhood seafood fest. Gota love the seafood..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home