Monday, February 21, 2005

Sunday, 2/20/2005 Seattle Bike Expo & Aged Cow Manure

Yahoo, the good weather continues.

Part of the impulse to log bigger miles on Saturday, was that today was day two of the Seattle Bike Expo and both Ben and I were volunteering to help man the Aurora Cycle Computrainer Time trial event at Cycle-U. We had the morning shift so we thought our post expo ride would most likely end up being cut a little short.

Arriving at the expo, only one rider was interested in doing the TT and there were three Aurora members manning the facility. Having a serious hungering for coffee, I left on a coffee run. On getting back, we still only had a handful of interested riders. I then realized that at least half of the people coming to the expo went right by cycle-U. In an effort to do some last minute advertising, I took my rollers and a sign for the Time Trial outside and road the rollers on the sidewalk no handed for about 2 hours and waving at people coming to the expo. I'm really not sure if this effort brought anyone in the door, but it was fun, and many riders came up to talk.

At 12:00 my shift ended, and by 1:00 Ben and I were on the road riding north. We really didn't have a plan, but the general idea was to head back out over Hollywood hill, and then loop around north. The ride, went very well, and during the ladder half of the ride we road by a small farm which had a huge sign on a barn advertising "Aged cow manure for sale". Doesn't that make you hungry?

While riding, to pass the time, Ben and I often make up fake dialog for Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin. After seeing the cow manure sign, I came up with the following.

Paul: Phil, you know it was while descending on Sean Yates wheel, that I first saw the "Aged Cow Manure Sign".
Paul (continues): And it was about then, then that I thought, what do I want on my mashed potatoes?
Phil (breaks in): Well, thank you for that Paul, now lets get back to the race..

On returning back to the bike expo, the bike computer said we had done 70 miles! Woohoo, with the morning roller session, this easily gave me another century, and this one totally unplanned.

Recovery: two more scoops of whey in milk, 4 TR, and 2 Super AO and for dinner, spaghetti!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home