Sunday, February 13, 2005

Saturday 2/12/2005 -- Climbing Miles..

The plan for today was for a few of us who live near the University to meet up at UZ cafe at 8:00AM and then ride north to meet up with the reset of the team at the log boom park at 8:45.
Well UZ is about a 30 minute ride from my apartment. I was up, out the door and on the bike by 7:40 AM. I got to UZ just a few minutes after 8:00, yeah I road hard. No one was waiting at UZ, so I figured everyone else had already left. Having only eaten a banana for breakfast I stopped for a slice of breakfast quiche and was about to head on when another rider showed up. After getting a tall nonfat latte and scone I was again back on the road. The scone was in the pocket and I attempted to drink the latte while riding, this was about 90% successful. We arrived at log boom right around 8:45, now the thing which kind of burns me is we were first, and first by a lot. Why are we planning on riding at the crack of dawn when everyone is late? Ok so I'm a little cranky, but I only got around three hours of sleep last night and worked hard to make the team ride. Once the rest of the team showed up we were back on the road. The plan for today is to do three or four non trivial extended climbs early in the ride and then head out toward Everett for more climbing. Over all the ride went very well, and I felt very good with my performance overall given my lack of sleep. I attacked some of the early climbs and then spent much of the remainder riding tempo.

I ended up getting back to my apartment and passing out a little after 2:15 PM. I would like to think that all 6:35 minutes were spent on the road but they weren’t, the reality of group rides is you end up stopping more often and longer then would if you were riding solo. The stats for the ride, was something in the 80+ mile range.

On getting back home, after my whey, TR, and endurolights, I passed out for a few hours.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home