Friday, February 04, 2005

2/2/2005, CT Session and Rollers,

Today was another team Computrainer session. I really like these, I feel like I get alot out of them and its fun to do virtual riding with fellow team members. Today’s course, was a little different, it was basically a huge cadence exercise. The course started out flat, and then descended down for a few miles before more or less leveling out and heading in. The entire course was 20 miles.

From the start I took the lead, then on the decent I slipped back into 4th or 5th position, as I got caught by riders with larger gear ratios. Currently the largest thing I have is a 53/13 which works fine on the flats, but every now and then on descents I will completely spin out of it. I figure for ultra's this is fine, if I spin out it’s a sign that I just don't need to be working that hard. The other thing of note in regard to spinning is when the tension on the cranks goes to zero it can be very difficult to spin the power cranks. You don't get any feed back as to where you are in your pedal stroke and in my case my stroke will get vary choppy. On arriving at the base of the hill, I slowly worked my way up the virtual field. For the remainder of the ride I tried to keep my heart rate in the high 160's low 170's.

On getting back home, after dinner I spent another hour+ on the rollers.

Recovery: I took my Hammer TR and did some stretching and rolling on the foam roller.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home