Wednesday, February 02, 2005

2/1/2005 - Lifting and Rollers

This weekend my crew chief, told me that I needed to take Monday as rest day. After a little arm-twisting, I relented and took the day off.

Tuesday right after work I headed over to the Gym, Pro Club, to do a few core lifts. For the last two weeks I haven't been quite regular enough in my lifting routine, so it felt good to get back on track. I'm sure I've said it before, but I really don't like working out in the Gym the atmosphere just feels well phony. So for my lifts I did 3 sets of 30 reps on the row, bar pull, and back extension, and 3 sets of 50 sit-ups. Weight wise, I'm generally lifting 90lbs with the upper body. It always feels easy at first, but by the 30th rep of the 3rd set, my arms are calling it quits. The whole goal in respect to the lifts is to raise my bodies "core" (back, abs, etc) and not build lots of useless arm strength. Overall since I started training I'm definitely starting to feel stronger though I still have along way to go.

On my way back home I stopped off and picked up some takeout Thai food. After Thai dinner, I did some easy spinning on the rollers for around an hour and half, nothing hard, just spinning the legs a little. While on the rollers I watched the very marginal movie, "Dodge Ball". I'm not one for physical comedy; I've crashed enough to know there’s nothing funny about pain. One of the few redeeming parts of the movie was the "Lance Armstrong" cameo, it’s near the end. Lance plays well himself, and encourages one of the characters to return to the final game. Movie Review 1.5 stars.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home