Saturday, October 01, 2005

Velowear Legwarmer's Arrive!

On Friday the Velowear legwarmers I'd won at ROF arrived in the mail. With a constant afternoon rain and emergency broadcast radio interruptions indicating flash flood warnings in different parts of the state, I suddenly got a crazy urge to go out and turn the cranks. I suited up and headed out decked out in style in my swanky new legwarmers. Pedaling to some crazy tempo, I cruised out toward Mary’s peak. Yeah, it was raining quite hard now. Pedaling through the rain and doing a fair amount of climbing, I began to think about the question, how does the amount of rain hitting a rider change going up hill vs. down hill or on the flats? This question kept me busy for a while; soon I was at the cut off to the peak. About a mile up from the cut off, three deer walked out from the edge of the road and just stood in the middle of the road and looked at me dumb founded. It was really dumping rain at this point. It soon occurred to me that the deer must have thought that I was absolutely crazy to be out in that weather. So three miles up from the cut off, I whipped the bike around. Coming off the mountain, my arms got quite cold, but my legs, ah they were perfect, gota love the Velowear. I flatted just on the edge of Corvallis, gota love the glass, ok maybe not.

Anyway it’s Tartan Time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home