Monday, April 18, 2005

Saturday, Riding the Lake,

Ben and I got off to a late start, and with ominous weather decided to scale back our riding plans, so we just road around the lake, throwing in a few bonus hills.
Total distance: ~60 miles. After getting back, I added a few extra (10 – 20), just riding around the city doing errands.

That F#@$King Motorist
Ok so if you’re a cyclist you’ve at some point in the not so distant past had a real crappy interaction with a motorist. Most of the time, they pass too close, open their doors, or in some way or the other are just criminally oblivious to the fact that they are sharing the road with another. After growing up in Oregon, I know I ride faster then a John Deer Combine, but for some reason motorists are much more cautious passing them then me. Maybe it’s the steel, or the huge disk blades.

Well back to my venting session, today, I was descending a short hill, Ben was behind. We were doing 30+, not screaming down but at or over the speed limit, when huge Toyota SUV came up right behind Ben and honked and then proceed to pass him with little room. The driver then came upon me and proceed to pass me, F#$king up my line through a corner. Then after passing me, and getting right in front, they slammed on their breaks! Yeah, so were doing 30+ down a hill, they have just passed, are in my lane, and now their stopped in the middle of the road! My breaks while great, won’t stop me as fast as theirs. I slowed down, and swerved to the side. They started up again, and then proceeded to slam their brakes on again! Ben got the number off the plates, and we are calling the cops.

Vehicle: beige/silver Toyota Sequoia
License Plate#: 604RQH from Washington State.
Driver: Male (Middle Age)
Front Seat Passenger: Female, roughly the same age.

The incident happened while riding down, Lake Washington Blvd SE, at the intersection of Lake Washington and 113th Pl SE. After the incident the vehicle merged onto 405 heading north.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home