Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Sunday 3/20 – Recovery Ride

Had thought I might get out the door early today. But some how, the day kept slipping and it wasn’t till a little after noon that I was out the door. Then my legs felt like crap, totally paying for my lack of structured recovery from yesterday. It also didn’t exactly help that with all the rain the day before I’d successfully washed every ounce of lube off my chain, and I hadn’t done anything about it.

Road over to Ben’s, then we headed out to just ride the lake, which was all I really wanted to do today. Did I mention the wind? The wind reminded me of training in the Willamette Valley when the wind blown grass seed fields lie horizontal and pointed at you. At some points I felt thankfully just to be staying upright and that it wasn’t raining as had been forecasted.

By the time we hit Seward Park, my front tire, which is getting rather thin flatted. After fixing it we continued to creep around the lake, about time we were rolling through Kirkland the rain opened up, and by the time I rolled into my apartment I was quite cold.

Recovery today: 2 scoops whey, 4 hammers TR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home