Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Sunday -- Industrial Staple

The plan was to get out early and do 90 - 100 miles. The early part of the plan got amended, as it was 11:00 by the time I was riding over to Bens place. Back on the road we headed out towards Snoqualmie Falls. There was a very strong wind blowing down from the north. The day went really well, until we were heading back in the final miles of the day, and I was just thinking to myself of bonus miles we could tack on when I hit an industrial staple and more or less nearly totaled my rear tire. The staple went right through the side wall sending me from 120 PSI, to Zero almost instantaneously. My first attempt at fixing the tire was an utter failure, as the inner tube protruded through the broken sidewall of the tire. Thankfully Ben had been munching on an energy bar and I was able to boot the tire with the wrapper from the bar and limp back on 1/3 pressure. In the end I ended up getting in around 90 miles.

Recovery: 2 scoops hammer whey & 4 TR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home