Friday, March 04, 2005

Recovery Week Review,

This week has been all about recovery, in past years, I haven't really done these and one of my resolutions this year was to do some quality recovery, every now and then to avoid injury etc. For someone who really likes to ride, these weeks can be just as hard as regular weeks, hard in a different way.

Monday was massage

Wednesday, it was a very chill CT Session. In the past few weeks, I've been getting some calf pain, my calf muscles have just been getting tighter and tighter. After the CT session, I asked both Tim, and an ex-euro pro racer if they had any thoughts on my bike fit. Well, one thing they both thought was that my saddle was a little high. Tim said my high saddle position was causing me to use my toe muscles a little too much. The end result was I brought both the saddle and the bars down a notch, and am going to try it at the lower height for a week or two before the huge miles kick back in.

Thursday, I picked up some cables to re-cable the race bike and did a very chill hour on the rollers. Tonight, I would like to do a few chill miles, maybe around 1.5 and re-cable the bike before riding on Sat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home