Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

2006! Yahoo! Resolutions for 2006, more regular blog updates, (laugh).

Training in December is always difficult. After finishing my last final on the 6th I decided to do a cold century and pedaled out to Newport. I figured that since the day before classes started in September I'd ridden to the coast it was only fitting to do the ride again the day after classes finished. The plan, ride, eat clam chowder on the coast, and ride back but some how the chowder didn't happen. On the way back I was in the middle of one absolutely stupendous bonk when I stopped ate a snickers, and felt sick. The ride was great, the snickers wasn't. The rest of the week was a serious mish mash of weights, riding, etc. After finishing up my research assistant duties I headed back to my parents place for a few days to do some training in the valley before heading up to Seattle to see some friends and log some more serious training.

The trip to Seattle, ended up being a real mixed bag. Seattle was engulfed in a cold snap and the first day out on the road while riding with my crew chief I hit some ice and went down hard. Thankfully nothing on me or the bike broke but the chin ended up requiring 12 stitches. Joy! After that little incident I was more in the mood to log some time on the cross country skis then continue to further risk my chin. Returning back to my parents place the weather was a real mixture of December crappyness and December suckyness so since then I've more or less been stuck indoors doing a mixture of computrainer and roller workouts. Then the computrainer shorted out so it was just the rollers.

Which brings me to today. I decided that I'd been stuck indoors for way to long, it was time to get back out and hit the road for a few revolutions regardless of the weather. I was finally out the door a little after noon and road a quck kings valley loop through a mixture of showers and wind. On hitting the hwy 22, I went down to Monmouth, before turning around and bringing it back in through the wind and rain. The wind and rain on the way back were so strong it took me nearly as long to do the final 20 miles back to Corvallis as all the preceding miles. In the end the ride ended up working out to nearly exactly 4 hrs..

Happy New Year! - Its Tartan Time!

1 Comments:

  • This cycling sounds like quite a challenge. It is impressive that you are able to keep it up. If you ever need spiritual guidance, do not hesitate to ask. I am Lance Armstrong's personal imam.

    By Blogger Ayatollah Mugsy, at 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home