Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Training update

I had a great week of training three intense days back to back. Being late November it is now fairly normally for weather in the valley to be some combination of an overcast sky, fog, rain, and cold; just the kind of weather that inspires me to lay down serious miles, indoors. A week ago it was Friday and it wasn’t raining. I felt behind on my training, when am I really not behind? After a brief thought towards Carpe Diem I grabbed the bike closest to me and headed towards Mary’s Peak. I did the climb keeping my heart rate in a high aerobic zone, it hurt. I don’t think it ever doesn’t really hurt but in June after bathing in the mythical waters of fitness for a few months it some how hurts a little less. The climb was good and the weather at the top (4,000ft) was amazingly significantly warmer then it is down in the valley! Saturday, the team held a practice TT session; the turnout was great in spite of continuing cold and foggy weather. For the TT session we road out on Peoria road, and did a couple intense TT’s up the road and then headed back in. Intensity wise it was good, I felt slow, I’d like to think it was all that extra resistance from the fog but I think more likely it’s my now over abundance of adipose tissue. After the TT practice the team headed back up Mary’s making it the second time I’d summated the peak in the last two days. The second trip up was more then worth it as the weather up top was even warmer then it had been the day before. Sunday those of us who’d made it up Mary’s did a recovery ride through Kings valley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home