Tuesday, January 11, 2005

1/10/2005 - Computrainer Indoors,

Today, after work I went to an Aurora meeting (my USCF's team). Not too much in the way of new news. Seattle Bike Expo this year is going to be on the 19-20th and for a change will be held at Magnuson Park. Just like last year the team is going to be running the virtual time trial booth with the computrainer guys. So if you bring your ride and $10, you can do a 10 mile virtual TT against 8 other riders. I'll be manning the booth Sunday morning.

Gear:
I picked up some tires I'd ordered from the team’s tire sponsor, Schwabe. Going into the events last year, I'd stocked up on tires, the last thing you would want when competing at RAO would be to enter without back up equipment. How crappy would it be to be in a total groove climbing bakeoven, hit an industrial staple, total your only tire and be out of the race?

Training:
With yesterday being such a wash training wise, I wanted to do a little catch up today. On returning to the apartment, I hook the computrainer up in independent mode set it to ~200 watts and road for a little over 2 hours. For the first hour, I worked on keeping my cadence up, for the second hour I didn't focus on the cadence quite as much so it dipped a bit. One gripe I have with the computrainer is the lack of backlighting on the display. When riding to a movie it’s nice to turn the lights off but this in turn makes it hard to read the display. I ended up using a flash light every now and then so I could read it.

Recovery:
After riding, I rolled around on the foam roller for another 15 minutes and ate Hammer TR and 1 shot Whey.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home