Monday, January 10, 2005

1/9/2005 - Frozen Hill Climbs

Today, I woke up to snow on the tops my car, I live in Ballard the "Warm" part of Seattle. My friend Ben called to say that in his neighborhood had snow on the ground. So we decided to postpone our great riding plans till later in the day for fear of slipping on the ice. Later in the day we got out and did about two hours on the road (~30 miles), and basically focused on doing hill repeats. The pinnacle of which was a single trip of Dravis rd. Dravis is maybe .1 - .2 miles in length, but it more then makes up for its lack of distance, by averaging 18.5% the whole way up! Yikes! The cogs on my rain bike are wearing out, so the largest gear I could stick was maybe a 23, 39/23 at 18+%, yeah, you get the picture.

After getting back to the apartment, I finished off my tour DVD on the rollers, and then watched another movie on the rollers. The second movie roller session wasn't all that great, cause I kept getting interrupted through the session.

Upcoming plans: This next weekend, I'm going to be back doing some riding in Oregon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home