Monday, January 03, 2005

1/2/2005 -- Maple Valley

Got an earlier start today, and was on the road a little after 11:00 AM. The plan today was to meet up with a friend Ben Larson, who will be crewing for me at RAO, and do a loop down through Maple Valley. This is a real staple training route with good number of challenging climbs, etc. Today it worked out to be around 4.5 hours. The ride went well, but man-o-man was it cold today. I wish I’d been wearing my ear warmers in addition to the hat I had on. I can’t wait for the summer heat to return. I will take heat any day to the cold weather were suffering through right now at least it’s dry. For the majority of the ride, we kept the pace nice and easy (heart rate ~130 BPM).

Right now it feels like I’m a long way from where I want to be in June, but I just remind myself that for some reason I feel this way every year in January.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home