Friday, January 07, 2005

1/5/2005 -- Computrainer & Rollers

Today was another indoor training session with the team over at Racermate. This week’s course was 19 mile course. The course started out with a few flat miles (~3) to warm up on, after which there was a significant decent, interspersed with .1 mile climbs. On hitting the bottom of the decent ~5 miles into the course, it then climbed up over three separate climbs to the original elevation.

After warming up, it took me just under 50 minutes to ride the course. For this workout, I went fairly hot, my heart rate was in the 163 – 173, except for the end where I observed a new personal max heart rate of 187 BPM, yeah the polar was smoking. My power for the course was almost always in the 300 – 340+ watts. After finishing the course, I spun for another 15 minutes waiting for everyone else to finish.

On getting back home, after dinner (fish tacos), I hopped on the rollers and did a little easy spinning on the rollers for another hour to spin the legs out.

Recovery
Ok so today was a little more intense then usual. In addition to my standard Hammer Tissue Regenerator and whey protein powder, I also spent some more time on the foam roller. The foam roller is a recovery tool that my PT showed me a few months ago. It is basically a large very firm/hard cylinder of foam and the drill is you basically lay on it sideways and roll over it. The net effect is it simulates a massage on the quads and IT Band.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home