Friday, May 04, 2007

2007: Deschutes Time Trial Festival

Stage 1: 26 Miles (2,200 ft of climbing)

Rider Health: Serious Head Cold

The first stage was a rolling course with about 2,200 ft of elevation change. All things considered I felt ok for the first few miles of the TT and road through much of the Cat 4 field. But on reaching the summit of the climb 3.5 miles into the race, my head cold was catching up with me and my legs felt dead. The mucus began to flow. A little over half way into the course I was passed by my 30 second man. I ended up finishing 2nd, 45 seconds down on first.

Stage 2: 8 mile hill climb.

Felt absolutely terrible after the first stage and thought about abandoning all together then and their. But, knew that wasn't really an option, so road back to the hotel and passed out. With an hour to go till the hill climb, got up and downed some Orange Juice. And set out to do my warm-up. The 8-mile hill climb was buffeted by a serious side wind, and between the wind, and my ever flowing mucus, the 8 miles felt eternal. In the end I lost another 45 seconds on first with another 2nd place.

Stage 3: ~50 mile out and back fun fest.

Thankfully while my cold had sapped my high end some how I still had some level of tempo left burning inside. At the turn around I had put close to 5 min into the rider who was riding in first for the 4's, and on crossing the line (2:01:47) I had the the cat 4 GC.

More Race Results

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home