Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Crew

So I should be writing a summary of a recent paper concerning the non-metabolic factors behind skeletal muscle fatigue, but it’s a nice day, and with a little less then two months till RAO, and 4 weeks till my muscle papers due, I should really fill you all in on whats truly important, “The Crew”..

For those of you in the know, last year, Team Tartan fielded what has to have been the most outstanding rookie crew's of all time. The dynamo crew motivated, fuled, and logistically planned each pedal stroke, and the results at both RAO and Fireweed said it all. Well, looking forward, what to expect, last year the fitness was good this year I’m not so sure.. Between my fatass, 16%, and increassing body fat, and Ben’s new gig, the bikes haven’t been getting the loving that they did in the past and the race results well sortof speak for themselves.

But the Crew is BACK and this time they aren’t ROOKIES, they know the course, and they want the BIG BEEF STICK; I know they won't let me eat it.

So with out further ado, its time for the roll call..


Team Tartan Crew Member, 10 Time STP Veteran, David Philbrick (Dad)
Ultra Crew Credits: 2005 Race Across Oregon, 2005 Fireweed 400



Team Tartan Crew Member, two time LA Marathoner, Cathey Philbrick (Mom)
Ultra Crew Credits: 2005 Race Across Oregon, 2005 Fireweed 400


Team Tartan Crew member and Nationally ranked masters swimmer, Larry Philbrick (Uncle Larry)!
Ultra Crew Credits: 2005 Race Across Oregon

New Teammates!

Not only is the whole of Team Tartan returning to RAO but I’m ecstatic
to announce that two new crew memebers who will be joining us for this years adventure.

Tim Larson (Ben's Dad) & Russ from Wisconsin!

Tim and Russ are from Wisconsin, Lon Haldeman, is from Wisconsin, basically I think that says enough right there. A few years ago I had the honor of accompanying Tim & Russ on one of there world famous Ultra Marthon Cannoe Expeditions, and what I learned in the process is these guys are a hell of a lot tougher then me..

So I guess what sort of wraps it up for now cause as you know

“It’s Tartan Time All the Time”!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home