Sunday, March 12, 2006

Long over due training update

Last week, 3/4/2006 – Didn’t get out till late in the afternoon ended up doing the Decker Loop, ~1.5 hrs. Then later in the evening jumped on the rollers and power cranks putting in another 2 hrs while watching a movie.

3/5/2006 – Felt like I wanted to get some serious miles in, got out on the road a little after 10 AM, took Kings Valley down to Dallas, then took HWY 22 to Salem, from Salem I went out to Silverton, then stopped off at my parents place to refill the water bottles before riding back to Corvallis. Riding Time 7-8 hrs, 131.58 miles. On getting back I grabbed a pizza and passed out.

3/6/2006 – Sunny Chilly afternoon, road out to Marry’s Peak, got 2 miles from the summit before hitting impassible snow. Turned around and started down. As I decended Marry’s the weather changed, the wind kicked up and it began to snow. The decent was utterly miserable. Returned back to Corvallis via the Decker loop. Ride time 3 - 4 hrs.

3/7/2006 – Took a day off, and just lifted.

3/8/2006 – Recovery day

3/9/2006 – Got on the rollers and power cranks in the evening for another 2 hr stint.

3/10/2006 – Didn’t get back from the lab till late, after dinner even later, got on the rollers and power cranks for 1.5 hrs.

3/11/2006 – Didn’t get out till a little after noon, went out and back to Dallas on the kings valley loop. Ride Time 4.5 hrs, mileage just a tad over 80. On getting back, downed a recovery smoothie, passed out, woke up 2.5 hrs later and ate a late dinner. I’m a tad frustrated with my fitness as is. I keep thinking about last June when I had un-ending endurance. Oh well, thank goodness the big events are all a little later this year.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home