Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Super bowl Sunday!


Super bowl Sunday has to be one of my favorite days to ride. What better time to be on the road then when everyone is home for the blasted game. Rumor was Sunday was going to be nice so the Alsea Falls loop had been called. Departing from the Bean a little after 10:30 we pace lined out to the base of the climb up 34 to the Mary’s cut off. Today's crew was slightly more select, ok much more select then the normal club rides and with that I was left to cling to the back of the group holding on for dear life as we climbed up the first climb of the day, ~1,200ft. I snapped off just shy of the summit. After a brief pause so one of the guys could tighten a loose water bottle cage, it was down to Alsea. Fish launched himself down the decent like there were naked podium girls awaiting in Alsea. I tucked, spun the cranks a little, tucked some more and then was on and passed Fish’s wheel. Fish grabbed my wheel and then the two of us launched a little breakaway down to Alsea. Once in Alsea it was a left up into the Lobster Valley. Heading into the Lobster valley the road starts out with a very gradual climb which in the end becomes rather beastly. Again I popped off the back, now for the record, I think I’m riding quite strong it’s just humbling to train with cat 2’s. I didn’t end up catching back on till we were back down on Belfountain. From Belfountain it was back in on the good ole NWTTS course and then home. By the end the intensity had relegated my legs to their own unique land of pain.


Getting back in it was time for another hammer pro whey smoothie this time I used a recipe I found on the Nancy’s Yogurt web site, it was ok but not great. Hammer Pro Whey, Yogurt, Cinnamon, Banana, Orange, blend till smooth, and enjoy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home