Monday, June 13, 2005

Update!

I’m still working on the big post RAO update. But until then I’ll fill you all in on the last week. I got quite sick with a respiratory infection at the end of RAO and it wasn’t till Wednesday last week that I was back on my feet and back on the bike this weekend. I definitely still am not 100% back, but each day definitely feels better.

On Saturday, I road maybe 14 miles, not much but it was the first time I was back on the bike since RAO. It felt good to get out and toodle around the town. Then that evening, call me crazy but the annual Ballard crit was going down a block away from where I live. And I couldn’t help myself, I had to enter. I lasted ~11 minutes, before I had had enough, my heart rate got a little high and I started to feel less then hot. For still being ill, I think I put up a very respectable fight, closing down gaps at 30 mph, and cornering with the best of em..

On Sunday, I got back into the swing of things for some more normal training, logging ~60+ miles.

Upcoming adventures:

  • Crew Chief Ben is just about to head down to Santa Rosa to race the Terrible Two.
  • I think I’ll do the June NWTTS, more as a fun race then anything else..
  • Then in July Ben and I are heading up north to race the two man at the FIREWEED 400!

    It’s Tartan Time

1 Comments:

  • Kenneth,

    Great job at RAO!! Only 25 minutes off the bike? That's excellent. I think I was stopped for over 2 hours. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one still recovering. I've improved a lot in a week, but still not 100%. Have fun at Fireweed. I believe Dick Webber will be up there too.

    By Blogger Sabertooth Salmon, at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home