Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Monday, 12/6/2004 - Rollers

I didn't quite bring enough food to work today (PB&J, apple, banana, 2 Satsumas, and two pieces of toast), and by the end of the day had grown a sizeable bonk, by the end of the day had grown into a full size headache. So I left a little early feeling horribly miserable. Got home, and after eating a little started to feel a little better. Installed the new BB, remounted the cranks, cleaned the chain, re-lubed it, and by the end of the evening was back on the bike.

I did about an hour on the rollers, nothing hard, just some recovery/base miles. I like to roll to DVD's, it’s actually about the only way I can ride inside. If the movie is really engaging some times I crash during exciting parts. One note on DVD selection, WCP race video's are good, the rule for these is anytime the pros sprint you sprint too, and what ever you do don't crash out an American cyclist. The other good DVD's are B car movies, like the Fast and the Furious. I can't imagine watching the movie not on the bike. One note of caution, I’ve never been able to stay on the rollers through Die Hard 1, every time the villain is about to fall from the building, I crash too.

The other day, some friends were over at my place and one of them asked, "Why are their greasy hand prints on your ceiling?". Well I responded with out missing a beat, its from riding my rollers no handed. Yeah, I don't really like going no handed on the road but on the rollers its totally different, no invisible pot holes to worry about. I guess when I move out I'll have to find a ladder so I can clean my ceiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home