Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Third Race (Evergreen)



I missed a few races, and by this point the starting positions were getting decided by point standings. So I started in awful position, way in the back of the field. In cross this is a real disadvantage because it can be very hard to pass other riders. I spent the majority of the race boxed in and fighting to move up. There was a fairly good size run up, and a tricky decent. For once I had gotten to the race early enough to scout the course, so I had practiced the decent a few times. I only crashed once during the race, I must be getting better. I was closing in on 4th place when, I hit a tree on the decent. My front wheel slid out on some pine needles. By the time I was up 4th was long gone, I ended up finishing a very solid 5th!
Posted by Hello

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home